Job Title: Distribution Specialist
Location: Livermore, CA
Travel Required: No
Position Type: Full-time
Position Hours: 40 Hrs/week- Mon – Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM (In Office)
Salary type: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
The Distribution Specialist will work in all aspects of distribution to include receiving, shipping, inventory control and equipment cleaning and inspection. This position will be responsible for receiving goods, verifying shipment contents, placing in stock and perform goods receipt in the system. The responsibilities also include picking items from stock, carefully pack items and generate shipping labels. The Distribution Specialist will help organize, face and count inventory. This position will be responsible for cleaning, inspection, and preparation of all patient monitoring devices so they are ready for shipment. This position requires a professional attitude as well as a strong desire to support individuals who are enrolled in remote health monitoring programs.
• Acts as the primary processor of customer shipments
• Acts as the primary processor of incoming goods receipts
• Cleans and prepares returned patient equipment for redeployment
• Maintains system records for all serialized patient equipment
• Performs daily housekeeping of warehouse
• Organizes and prioritizes daily work to ensure all responsibilities are kept current
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to customer service standards
• Maintains strict adherence to company policies and confidentiality agreements
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and management
• Performs other duties as directed or assigned to meet the needs of the department
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge of receiving controls
• Knowledge of inventory controls
• Ability to learn and follow HIPAA guidelines to ensure patient privacy
• Ability to communicate effectively with vendors
• Extremely strong computer skills and able to adapt quickly to new applications
• Ability to follow documented instructions
• Good organizational skills
• Utilizes critical thinking and good judgement in performance of tasks
• Accurate typing skills with a minimum of 30 WPM
• High school diploma or GED
• Post-high school work related to the medical field preferred
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
• 1 year of inventory control or receiving experience preferred
• Six months – 1-year orders processing experience
• Relevant healthcare industry experience preferred.