Job Title: Accounting Specialist
Location: Livermore, CA
Level/Salary Range: DOE
Travel Required: No
HR Contact: Tiya Jaison
Position Type: Full-time
Position Hours: 40 Hrs./week
Salary type: Hourly
The Accounting Specialist will perform many of the accounting activities of the organization. This position reports to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for accounts payable, bank reconciliations, sales tax preparation, 1099 filings, month-end close duties, and selected general accounting functions. This role requires a professional attitude, use of independent judgement, and initiative based on familiarity with the organization and accounting practices and procedures.
• Assist with month-end accounting close process according to established procedures and deadlines.
• Manage accounts payable, including reconciliation of invoices for payment, matching invoices to purchase orders, maintaining records for disbursements, preparing manual checks as required, and data entry into company payment processing system.
• Prepare batch reports for all accounts payable transactions and review for errors prior to submitting for AP and GL posting of weekly check runs.
• Maintain vendor files, such as Form W-9, independent contractor approval forms, agreements, contracts, etc.
• Identify expenditures and ensure they are accurately coded and classified.
• Provides accounting support and guidance to departmental employees as required.
• Maintains strict adherence to company policies and confidentiality agreements.
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and management.
• Performs other duties as directed or assigned to meet the needs of the department.
Skills and Qualification Requirements
• Associate degree in accounting with relevant work experience.
• 3+ years of experience in full cycle AP processing.
• Proficient in accounting software. D365 Business Central experience is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organization and time management stills, able to meet deadlines and multi-task.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software including CE/CRM D365.
• Ability to adapt to an evolving, dynamic work environment.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.