Level/Salary Range: $18 – $22/hr, DOE
Salary Type: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Location: Livermore, CA
Travel Required: No
Position Type: Full Time
Position Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 7:30 AM – 4 PM (Hybrid), 3 days in-office, 2 days remote.
Role & Responsibilities
The Patient Care Coordinator is a compassionate and technically savvy individual who deals directly with patients telephonically on an ongoing basis and ensures alerts or reporting anomalies are communicated to appropriate hospital or clinic personnel based on established protocols. The position is responsible for end-to-end processing of patient data, monitoring daily activity via technology and receiving and making phone calls in a modified call center environment. It requires a professional attitude as well as a strong desire to support individuals who are managing their health issues.
- Processes inbound patient data into various systems based on established protocols and instructions
- Acts as primary point of contact for patients via outbound calls (scheduled and unscheduled) or inbound queues
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work to ensure patient needs are met
- Monitors patient alerts and processes them according to documented protocols
- Follows through to ensure issues identified have been resolved and reports escalations to supervisor
- Communicates all appropriate information prior to break, lunch or change of shift, to necessary personnel to ensure continuity of care
- Creates and maintains patient records in appropriate applications based on work instructions and protocols
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, nurse coordinators and clinical teams to coordinate information flow including obtaining missing information to expedite patient processing
- Extends caring practices to all members of the team with a compassionate attitude
- Maintains confidentiality and patient rights in interactions with the patient/family and other health care workers
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to customer service standards
- Maintains strict adherence to company policies and confidentiality agreements
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and management
- Performs other duties as directed or assigned to meet the needs of the department
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Ability to empathize, listen and communicate via telephone to patients
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Understands and follows HIPAA guidelines to ensure patient privacy
- Ability to communicate with clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Excellent verbal and written skills; bilingual a plus
- Extremely strong computer skills and able to adapt quickly to new applications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented instructions
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong problem solving abilities and analytical skills to ensure patient needs are met
- Utilizes critical thinking and good judgement in performance of tasks
- Accurate typing skills with a minimum of 45 WPM
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Post-high school work related to the medical field preferred
- Current Medical Assistant or EMT preferred
- Relevant healthcare industry experience (medical records, registration, physician office, home health care, etc.) preferred
- Six months – 1-year customer service or call center experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish – both verbally and written is preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
To Apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, including the job title of the position in your application.